Common Errors when Identifying Standards and Targets:
- Not selecting appropriate content standards upon which to base
- Creating targets that fail to reflect both your content standards
and visions of academic success.
- Failing to identify the specific types of achievement expectations
that you wish to assess (knowledge, skills, reasoning and product)
thereby creating targets that do not reflect the level of cognitive
skill you wish to assess.
- Not framing your targets as goal statements--making it difficult
for others to understand what you wish to evaluate, and what you
expect from your students.
- Not consulting important stakeholders while selecting your content
standards and developing targets.